Best Bassinets for Babies in 2020
Babies love to sleep well, everyone knows that. Therefore, it is so important to provide them with the best sleeping conditions. The baby’s sleeping place should be comfortable, safe and cozy. It is best to create it before the baby arrives in your home. Among the huge number of bassinets, we have selected the best options and compiled a list of the best bassinets for babies in 2020.
Features of baby bassinets that should be considered
Since the child will spend most of the first few months in the cradle, it is very important that it is comfortable and cozy. It is not customary to talk about this, but every year many babies die from the wrong position during sleep. Therefore, the safety and comfort of infant sleep are your priorities. Here are some things to look out for when choosing a bassinet:
- Mattress. The bassinet’s mattress should be thin but firm enough. Many parents think that the softer the mattress, the better for the baby, but this is not so. It is a sufficiently hard mattress that will protect the child from suffocation during sleep.
- Mesh walls. All bassinets are quite small, and your child can turn and rest their face against the wall during sleep. So the best option is to choose a bassinet with mesh walls, so that the baby can breathe if he rolls onto his side. Plus, the mesh wall allows air to enter the bassinet, keeping your baby at a normal temperature all year round.
- Portability. The guarantee of safety for the child is constant supervision. Choose a bassinet that doesn’t weigh much. This way you can move it around the house effortlessly and always keep an eye on the little one. Take a look at baby bassinets with wheels.
- Storage. In the first months of his life, a child needs a lot of eesentials, such as diapers, baby clean clothes, a bottle, a soother and of course a favorite toy. When choosing a bassinet for your baby, look for those that have a special storage compartment or mesh pockets to have everything you need close at hand.
- Rocking. Some bassinets have a rocking function to soothe the baby. Many kids enjoy swaying and will calm down and fall asleep faster. Some bassinets even offer several modes of rocking for soothing your baby.
- Canopy. Baby bassinets with a canopy are a wonderful choice. They will help protect the baby’s sleep from bright light, be it the sun or a lamp. Some bassinets have two canopies to protect your baby from light from all angles.
- Additional benefits may include wheels, special hanging toys, a sleeping mat and a sheet. The more accessories the bassinet has, the more benefits you will get.
1. Best Overall Baby Bassinet: Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper
The Mika Mickey Bedside Sleeper is a bassinet that integrates seamlessly into the edge of your bed making it far easier to attend to your baby at any hour of the night. This bassinet makes breastfeeding easier and less stressful.
- Comfort. With this bassinet integrated into your bad it’s so easy to attend the baby without disturbing it
- Safety. This bassines is designed for babies гз ещ 5 months old and weight under 33 lbs. The bassinet is good until the kid is able to start pushing up hnds or knees.
- Convenience. The Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper can be both a sleeper and a traditional bassinet. It is very easy to attach it to any bed with just two fastening straps. Plus the bed is fairly lightweight and it’s not a problem to move it around the house. Therefore, this is our best choice for this list.
2. BabyBjorn Cradle
The BabyBjorn Cradle features gentle motions that soothe your baby. It comes with breathable mesh fabrics for your baby’s safety. This bassinet is our favorite premium option.
- Comfort. The bassinet has very soft fabric walls that protect the baby and allow to breathe fresh air all the time. Due to gentle motions the baby faster falls asleep and relaxes in it. In addition to the breathable mesh, the cradle has a canopy to block the bright light and provide a comfortable sleep for the baby.
- Safety. It is lightweight and it has breathable see-through mesh which makes it easy to keep an eye on the child. The fabric is soft and nice to the baby skin.
- Convenience. The cradle is easy to move around the house.The fabric of the bassines is machine washable. The maters can be removed and it is easy to clean. Canopy also can be removed for easy cleaning. As a conclusion we can say that the BabyBjorn Cradle is a solid option.
3. Delta Children Sweet Beginnings Bassinet
The Delta Children Sweet Beginnings bassinet comes with an adjustable canopy that protects your little one from bright light when sleeping. There is nice storage basket at the bottom that keeps all your baby’s essentials within easy reach.
- Comfort. This bassinet comes with a canopy to block the bright day light. The canopy can be moved upwords or downwards. The bassinet also has polyester pad that provide a stable place for comfort sleep. The cradle has pre-loaded lullabies that can soothe baby to sleep.
- Safety. To ensure sturdiness the wheels of the bassinet can be locked. The mesh panels provide air flow, however they are not so well designed as in the previous bassinet. This model was popular in the past.
- Convenience. The cradle has a storage with two sections for all the necessities. Thanks to the wheels it is easy to move the cradle around the house. It also has a nighlight for comfort sleeping. Sound features and nightlight are controlled with one button. The size of the unit is perfect for rooms with limited space. As a conclusion – it is a good choice for babies up to 15lbs.
4. MiClassic 2in1 Stationary & Rock Bassinet
The MiClassic 2in1 bassinet is exceptionally easy to fold up, transport, and store making it more versatile than other options on this list.
- Comfort. This bassinet has so much flexibility that it seems it was produced with parents’ comfort in mind. Of course, it is comfortable for little babies too. The most important feature is that the cradle can be either stationary or rocking – depends on how you prefer to calm your baby and get them to sleep.
- Safety. This bassinet passes all the necessary checks for safety. The mesh is see-through and breathable, allowing your child to breathe the fresh air. And you can observe the baby all the time. The weight of the unit is 16 pounds.
- Convenience. The most important thing about this bassinet is a quick switch from rocking to stationary. It is also easy to fold up the unit in seconds for convenient transportation.
Short conclusion. The MiClassic 2in1 bassinet has breathable mesh, easy switch mechanism between rocking or stationary, and affordable price. The only thing that might be on the cons list is that it’s not very attractive compared to other bassinets.
5. Disney Ultimate Sweet Beginnings Bassinet
This beautiful cradle will definitely attract your attention if you have a little princess at home. The unit can be named the Best Disney Baby Bassinet, obviously because of its charming Disney style.
- Comfort. Very comfortable mattress, that soothes vibration and sounds, will provide the best night sleep for the princess. Disney Ultimate Bedside Bassinet has a gliding base to gently rock the baby to sleep.
- Safety. This unit designed by Delta Children, the leading manufacturer of baby furniture, and the safety of the little ones is a top priority for this company. The cradle has JPMA certificate and meets all standard expectations.
- Convenience. Besides it’s adorable, the Disney Baby Bassinet has wheels with secure lock for convenient moving and locating around the house. For nice soothing, the bassinet has nightlight, calming music and vibration. In the base of the cradle there is a nice storage place.
The Disney Baby Ultimate Bedside Bassinet is a perfect choice for a baby girl and will create magical atmosphere at your home. Besides that, the unit has great soothing features and will provide nice sleeping area for the baby.
6. Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet
Why you might want it: This simple, but nice u nit comes from one of the most trustworthy baby furniture manufacturers and has useful features.
- Comfort. The light rocking motion of the Fisher-Price carrycot can soothe even the most capricious toddler. We also loved how the light projection device relaxes your child during the evening sleep. When your baby is ready to sleep, you can lock the cradle to minimize movement while the baby sleeps. Unfortunately, the lock does not prevent the carrycot from moving completely. A great feature is a device above the cradle that allows you to attach your favorite toy over the child.
- Safety. The mesh sides of the carrycot keep fresh air flowing and minimize the risk of suffocation if the baby rolls over when you are not looking. The projector, besides helping to soothe the child, is used as a source of night light.
- Convenience. The built-in player provides 30 minutes of motion sickness for the baby, plus it can be combined with the gentle vibration of the cradle. If you are tired of rocking your child in your arms or simply do not have this opportunity, this function will be very useful. The cradle does not need to be pushed, it moves independently.
The Fisher-Price company provides quality baby products for its customers and gives long-term guarantees. This cradle is especially popular because of the projector perfect for soothing at night and the pleasant fabric of the bassinet.
7. SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper
Who will love this bassinet: It is the best choice for parents who want to sleep as close to their baby as possible while still having a separate bed. SwaddleMe’s By Your Side Carrycot fully folds out for storage or travel.
- Comfort. The By Your Side Cradle is designed for your baby as a comfortable, separate sleeping place in your own bed. It also folds down easily for easy storage and transportation when not in use. This bassinet is comfortable for your child until he or she gains 30 pounds or can move on all fours.
- Safety. SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper is safe for babies, as it is designed according to the CSPA standard, providing a comfortable and healthy sleep for the baby.
- Convenience. SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper is a very comfortable carrycot for your toddler, like everything else on our list. It is this bassinet that opens very quickly and folds just as quickly. A carry bag is included so you can take it with you when traveling. The bassinet weighs only 11 pounds.
SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper has a comfortable mattress and mesh lining through which you can watch the baby. This option is ideal for parents who want to sleep close to their child, but at the same time have some kind of barrier between them. Due to the lightness of the carrycot, it can be taken on a trip. However, you should notice that the mattress pad can’t be removed for cleaning.
8. Dream On Me Karley Bassinet
How you might like it: The Dream On Me Karley bassinet has two canopies and two sleeping pillows, which means it provides excellent protection from light and provides your child with a dark and comfortable place to sleep.
- Comfort. The Dream On Me cradle has two adjustable canopies to help protect your child from direct light. The sleeping area is soft enough and it’s easy to rock the baby with smooth movements. The fabric allows fresh air to pass through easily.
- Safety. The fabric of the bassinet is transparent, which allows you to see the baby and at the same time allows enough air to pass through. The bassinet itself is sturdy enough to carry up to 25 pounds.
- Convenience. The bassinet folds down quickly and easily, making it ideal for small apartments or traveling with a child. There is also a storage basket that allows you to keep essential items close at hand. The bassinet is sold in different colors, allowing you to match the color to your home decor.
If you are looking for a bassinet that takes up little space, the Dream On Me Karley is your best bet. Thanks to two canopies, babies can sleep outside even during the daytime, protected from insects or direct bright light. The bassinet folds easily. The canopies are not removable.
9. Halo Swivel Sleeper Bassinet
Why you’ll love it: The Halo Swivel lets you sleep side by side with your baby. It is adjustable and comes with a comfortable mattress included.
- Comfort. Thanks to the mesh walls, air flows freely into the cradle. This allows the baby to sleep comfortably even on a hot summer day. The cradle mattress is thick and perfect for sleep. Thanks to such a cradle, you do not need to get up to your child at night, the baby is always by your side.
- Safety. The Halo Swivel bassinet fits securely under the bed, very close to you. Maximum breathability of the cradle ensures a comfortable sleep. The side wall can be secured when raised, creating a barrier between you. The sleeping mat attaches well to the bassinet.
- Convenience. The Halo Swivel has been designed to be lightweight and comfortable to use. It has a mechanism that allows you to adjust the height of the bassinet. This way it will fit your standard or small size bed. The carrycot rotates in different directions, which is convenient when you get out of bed or want to move it. The bassinet has mesh pockets for all the essentials and it is easy to clean.
Check out this option if you are looking for a bassinet that will allow you to sleep safely with your baby. The bed attachment mechanism slides and rotates 360 degrees, which helps to be close to the baby from any side. The flexible sidewalls of the bassinet are ideal for mothers after surgery, as the baby is easier to lift. The cradle is quite heavy (about 47 pounds).
10. Graco Dream Suite Bassinet
Why you should consider it: The Graco Dream Suite offers you more than just a cradle, but also a convenient place to change diapers.
- Comfort. When it comes to soothing your baby, the Graco Dream Suite offers two vibrations, so you can choose one that comfortably soothes your child. It also has a canopy that protects your little one from light when your son or daughter is sleeping. Your child will enjoy the included toys that will entertain them when they are in the cradle. The side fabric protects the child from overheating, so it is suitable for all four seasons.
- Safety. Gray’s Dream Suite has four pillars in the crib so you can take your baby with you at any time wherever you go for maximum safety. Power locks can be locked when you need them. The mesh sides allow you to see your baby clearly and prevent them from suffocating.
- Convenience. The Graco Dream Suite cradle gives you the opportunity to change a diaper and put a baby to sleep in one place. The variable section grows with your baby and can be used until your baby grows to 30 pounds. The bassinet is sold in different colors, so you can choose the one that complements your home decor. The cradle also has a large storage basket so you can have everything you need within easy reach. The bassinet itself is small in size, so it fits perfectly into your bedroom, that is, your child will always be near you. The mattress is removable and can be machine washed.
If you’re on a tight budget and need a reliable bassinet for your 3 month old or younger, the Graco Dream Suite is a perfect choice. The ability to also use the product as a replacement station makes it truly versatile and useful. Note that some people find the mattress too hard for their baby.
Types of Bassinet
There are different types of bassinets that you should consider when looking for a perfect option for you and your baby.
- Co-sleeper Bassinet
- Freestanding Bassinets
- Multipurpose Bassinet
What Factors You Should Consider When Buying a Baby Bassinet
- Your baby’s weight
- Where are you going to place it?
- Your baby’s height
- Easy to move
- Ease of setup
Caring for a child is primarily about providing them with a safe and comfortable place to sleep. Whichever way you choose to rest them, always make sure it is safe. We have compiled the ten best baby cribs of 2020 on this list based on customer reviews and ratings from other companies. Whether you are looking for a carrycot for travel or home use, for toddlers or newborns, you have great options in every category of the best bassinets for babies in 2020.